We have now been officially appointed a Pullman Reseller. Pullman are the industry leaders when it comes to precision filter baskets and coffee tamp technology.
The days of old are gone and a tamp is no longer a tamp. Many cafes and home baristas are unaware of the importance of using the correct coffee tamper when preparing the coffee in the filter basket. A standard 58mm tamp leaves too much of a gap between the tamp base and the edge of the filter basket and this can lead to an increased chance of tunneling and varied coffee extraction and flavours.
The introduction of the Pullman big step base and the Pullman chisel has dramatically improved the consistency of the coffee extraction process and allows the edges of the coffee to be distributed and compressed more effectively. Coffee Machines and Beans love to demonstrate this when you come in and visit, so feel free to drop in.
Now in stock are the Pullman Barista Range of Handles and your choice of the Big Step base or the stainless steel 58.5mm original base. This can all be coupled with a matching portafilter handle.
See more at https://machinesandbeans.com.au/shop/
It has been hot, so this week we have been playing with the Toddy Cold Brew. The coffee has been fantastic!
We can provide the correct recipe to go with our coffee blends to give you the best flavours.
La Marzocco has recently released the Linea PB with Auto Brew Ratio. This now opens up multiple possibilities on how you can program the machine to deliver the most consistent shot.
Auto Brew Ratio uses precision scales built beneath each group of the Linea PB. The Auto Brew Ratio scales are incorporated into the espresso machine’s electronics system and provide the barista a new level of consistency, by giving control over beverage mass.
La Marzocco was awarded the patent on this design in 2012. Early versions of integrated scale technology have been displayed by La Marzocco previously at the London Coffee Festival, MICE, and the SCAE World of Coffee. The technology was first on display at SCAA Expo 2015 and was the first demonstration of Auto Brew Ratio.
Auto Brew Ratio has two modes: Mass Mode and Ratio Mode.
In Mass Mode, the barista programs the desired finished beverage mass. The barista activates the brew group by selecting one of the programmed beverage mass buttons. When the desired beverage mass has been reached, the machine automatically stops the brewing process.
Mass mode is best applied in café settings where the barista weighs the ground coffee in the portafilter for every shot, and has a specific target weight for the finished beverage.
Using ratio mode, the barista programs the preferred brew ratio into the machine. When preparing to brew, the barista places the loaded portafilter on the drip tray scale, allowing the espresso machine to weigh the ground coffee. The barista may then engage the portafilter and activate the brewing cycle by selecting one of the programmed brew ratio buttons. The Ratio Mode will automatically stop the shot when the correct brew ratio is achieved.
Ratio mode is best applied in coffee bars that do not weigh every ground coffee dose, or those cafes that would like to eliminate the step of weighing and correcting the coffee dose to a tenth of a gram. Auto Brew Ratio allows the barista to eliminate the step of weighing and correcting the coffee dose, while still consistently achieving the same brew ratio.
Auto Brew Ratio has been in development for the last three years. The La Marzocco R&D team has been focused on developing an integrated scales platform able to withstand the rigors of real café use – with the reliability, durability, and precision our customers expect.
The Moobar Café Milk System is the latest must-have tool for any café serious about pumping out high volume coffee at speed. Forget the repetitive lid-off-pour-lid-on rhythm of milk bottles. The Moobar uses 10 litre bladders of milk to swiftly fill up your jugs with precision, reducing waste and saving time.
Following in the footsteps of The Juggler, the pioneer milk dispenser that hit the coffee scene about five years ago, the Moobar is priced at around $9,500. Moobar predicts they’ll at least double the 400 units of automatic café milk systems currently in the marketplace by the end of 2018.
It’s undoubtedly the next generation in milk delivery technology. Any tool that helps baristas in their pursuit of consistent espresso perfection is bound to be welcomed by both coffee professionals and our customers.
There is a new barista toy on the market. For those that know the need for consistency and the importance on ensuring that your staff are not exposed to RSI in a busy work environment then the Puq pres is for you.
No matter which staff member makes coffee, tamping levels will always be perfectly level due to the unique, patented clamping mechanism. Perfect tamping means; better espresso shots and reduced barista calibration.
Tamping pressure is digitally adjustable from 10kg to 30kg of force to ensure 100% consistency between baristas. Guaranteed to reduce barista injuries and fatigue caused by manual tamping.
Take a look on how it all works!
The most talked about secret in any café is how to steam the perfect milk. We have all heard from crop to cup when it comes to the bean but how about from ‘cow to cup’. Sure the technique is important when making the cup but how important is the type of milk? Full cream milk will provide a rich full bodied cup with the ideal balance of taste & texture while skim milk will provide a sweeter cup that lets the espresso’s flavour shine through.
- Use cold milk directly from the fridge as well as a cool jug
- Use a suitable volume of milk for the quantity of beverages you are about to prepare. From a one litre jug you will make three cups of coffee.
- Place steam wand over drip tray and remove steam to release water. Then lower the wand in the milk jug so it sits just below surface.
- Turn on steam to full power then lower the jug until the tip of the steam wand is just below the surface of the milk. You should hear a slight hissing sound. Make sure the tip is low enough so that the milk doesn’t splatter and high enough to create a delicate textured milk. Ensure that your steam wand is just off centre and a whirlpool should form.
- As the milk expands, slowly move the jug down so the hissing sound remains. Repeat this until you have your required amount of milk and the temperature is 45 degrees or the jug starts to warm up in your hand,.
- Now lower the stem wand down to heat the milk. Note, do not have the steam wand too far into the milk, just enough to stop the hissing noise.
- Turn your steam off when milk temperature reaches 60 degrees Celsius and remove from steam wand. The temperature will continue to rise close to 70 degrees Celsius. This is the correct pouring temperature and at this temperature you receive maximum flavour characteristics.
- Keep your milk circulating moving the jug in small steady circles. This will keep the milk and thinner delicate milk combined.
- If your milk and froth is combined together when it hits your espresso, you will have a combination of milk froth and espresso. This makes a beverage that is rich creamy and full of flavour.
Milk Steaming Tips:
- Starting with a cold milk and cold jug essential
- Do not re-heat steamed milk
- Do not leave fresh milk standing at room temperature
- Do not leave steamed milk standing for too long. You should pour immediately
- Pour Cappuccinos first then pour Café Lattes and Flat Whites to make sure you have enough foam
- Use the correct size jug for the amount of beverages
The A200 – The essence of perfection
You can see it and feel it: The A200 impresses in every aspect with its attractive design, sophisticated details and intuitive handling. Listen to the mechanical sound of the ceramic bean grinder and enjoy the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. Then take your first sip of the perfect crema, enjoy the authentic flavor – and the wonderful certainty: a Franke coffee machine through and through.
Enjoy the quality of barista coffee
The A200 invites you to define as many as 36 products and then save them in the menu. Additionally, with the FoamMaster™ coffee maker with milk frother, you can set the foam consistency for specific beverages. Technology, just the way you like it.
- Two types of beans for added enjoyment
- Perfect crema
- Unique milk foam: hand-made or automatic foam production, individually adjustable foam consistency
- Varieties of chocolate: simple preparation using chocolate capsules
- Hot water for tea: programmable filling level, also suitable for large cups thanks to the height-adjustable spout
Find out more about the A200 here.